Today I was conversing with a author who had writer’s block.
She felt overwhelmed and did not know what to write so I did some research and this is what I came up with (see the listening below). Ever had writer’s block? Why not give these a try!
What Causes Writer’s Block?
- Timing: you feel like its not a good time/you’re not in the mood.
- Fear: You maybe fighting with your own ideas and think they are not good enough.
- Perfectionism: you want everything to be perfect so you wait, but then of course you don’t write anything down.
Ways to Get Over Writer’s Block?
- Go for a walk
- Eliminate distractions
- Do something to get your blood flowing (some exercise)
- Change your environment
- Read a book
- Listen to music./Brew some coffee
- Call a friend/Spend time with someone you love
- Know that you will not get though it by feeling sorry for yourself
- Try not to waste so much time by putting off writing, don’t let it sit
- Do not wait for a light bulb (a bright idea), instead free write and see what comes to mind as you put your pen to paper.