As one who writes I know it’s hard at times to know what to do to make yourself a great writer. All the confusion going on in your head, getting nervous, getting stuck, and worrying about success can be overwhelming. To help out, I’ve compiled this list of wonderful tips.
Do you want to be a Great Writer? I hope you will find these useful!
What Makes A Great Writer
- Read A Lot – First you really must read a lot. You want to discover your favorite writers’ and your favorite books. Reading the words of great writers can help you to become one.
- Review Your Work – Always check your spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure.
- Practice. The more you write, the better your writing will get.
- Take Notes Daily. Write down your ideas by keeping a notebook around at all times.
- Take Notes While Reading. Even take notes during and after reading. When you read short stories, novels, articles and characters, think about what styles you like and don’t like, experiment a little with your own style and try out different voices and themes.
- Get Feedback. You can get feedback from friends by letting them read your writing while you listen. Doing this will help you to see what needs to be changed.
- Strong Start, Strong Finish. Last but not least when starting your work, start off strong, and have a good ending as well.
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you need more assistance with your writing you can always find out more by joining us at Pens Up Press (look for the category “writer’s tips and tricks”).
Do you have some of your own thoughts on what makes a great writer? If so let us know by leaving a comment below.